NOTE: We are no longer accepting parade entries. The deadline was September 15, 2012.
We look forward to seeing how your parade entry relates to this year’s theme, “Planting Dreams/Sembrando Sueños”. We are celebrating the years 1840-1860.
Saturday, October 6, 2012 schedule
Parade staging 9:30 A.M.
parade begins 11:00 A.M.
jamaica from 12 noon to 4:00 P.M.
Entry deadline: September 15, 2011
1. Entries must have submitted entry forms by deadline in order to participate.
2. Entries must attend information meeting in order to participate.
3. Entries must include number of attendees.
4. Entries must send a representative to a mandatory meeting during the week of September 26.
5. Entries must reflect some aspect of Latino culture or history, and/or relate to the theme:
“Planting Dreams/Sembrando Sueños”.
6. Banners: Entrants must provide their own banner and banner carriers.
- May not be commercial in nature and not include contact information.
- Maximum banner size is 4’ x 12’.
- Limit one banner per entry.
7. Mini Floats: Only mini floats are allowed.
- Must be reviewed and approved by Entry Committee by September 20.
9. Entry fee and the script for the announcer must be submitted with this entry form.
10. Groups registered by the deadline will be recognized in a printed program.
11. Parade fees:
- $10.00 – Committee members
- $20.00 – Non-members
- $20.00 – Non-profit groups and schools
- Fee waived for performing groups participating in parade AND jamaica.
- Sliding scale fee may be applied at the discretion of the Parade Steering Committee.
Review and approval: Latino Heritage parade and jamaica steering committee will have final approval on the entry’s acceptance, parade position, banners and floats that will be permitted in the parade.
Checks are payable to Latino Heritage. Mail check with entry form to:
Attn: Entries Committee
145 N. Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91103
This is a family and non-partisan event. Please no alcohol nor political campaigning.