We are very pleased to have you participate in the 2012 Latino Heritage Parade on Saturday, October 6.
PARADE ENTRY CHECK-IN:
9 a.m. Pasadena Christian School, 1515 N. Los Robles Avenue between Howard and Ladera
- Parade Entry Representative Check-in at the Bands/Equestrians Check-in table located.
- Please be punctual; late arrivals may be excluded from participation!
- Designate 1 person as your group representative; he/she should arrive and check-in at 9 a.m.
- Make sure everyone in the group knows who your designated representative is.
- He/she will receive a packet of information.
- Wrist bands will be provided for each group member. These are for identity purposes. Each participant must wear their wrist band throughout the parade to identify them as parade participants. Only parade participants wearing wrist bands will be allowed to be in the parade.
10 a.m. Entry representatives will meet with the Formation Team.
11 a.m. Parade steps off promptly.
- There will be bands, cars, small children and adults in the parade. Not all of them are familiar with horses.
- Please use caution while in the Staging area, on the parade route and in the post parade area by La Pintoresca Park.
- Remember to watch out for parade participants and pedestrians when arriving in the Staging Area, during the parade and when exiting the parade area.
Roping is not allowed in the parade. Also, please do not toss items to parade viewers.
Once you unload your horses, please park on Raymond Ave. north of Howard. There should be plenty of street parking available there and it is the closest spot to load your horses following the parade.
- The parade will stage on Los Robles @ Howard
- Each parade participant is assigned a number designating their entry position in the parade.
- Each unit’s number will be marked on the pavement. Participants will line up in numerical order by unit on Los Robles and Howard. Lower numbered entries will be on Los Robles and higher numbered ones on Howard.
- Please inform your group participants of your group’s number so that they know where to meet.
- Travel south on Los Robles Ave.
- Turn right/west on Washington Blvd.
- Cross Marengo Ave. and continue on Washington Blvd.
- Turn right/north on Raymond Ave.
- You will be instructed to enter the parade by parade officials.
- Each entry will be placed 30 feet behind the previous entry. Please keep that 30 foot distance throughout the parade so that the parade pacing is maintained.
- Parade volunteers will be located at intervals along the parade route and may encourage you to “close the gap” should you be following behind the pace or “slow down” should you be going too fast. Please listen to them and act accordingly.
Each Equestrian unit is responsible for their own unit’s manure management. Please make sure that you have someone assigned to pick up after your horses. Any group not having this designee will not be permitted to participate this year and Equestrians that fail to do so may not be invited back next year.
The Post-parade jamaica follows the parade from 12 – 4 p.m. in La Pintoresca Park.
Following the parade you may choose to take your group to the jamaica so that the public can visit with them or you may wish to go home. Please let us know if you would like to share your horses with the public and we will arrange a location for you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-744-6530.